Your input and participation is needed to help us determine how the H&S can best allocate our resources to add value to the Millwood experience, and continue providing the most enjoyable experience for ALL our children.
All our Home and School Association general meetings are public, and we invite all parents/caregivers to attend. Children are welcome (although no supervision is provided). Executive meetings are by invitation only.
Our Annual General Meeting is held at the last meeting of the year (usually in June), and includes the election of the Executive and passing of the Budget for the following school year.
*Please Note: As per OFHSA bylaws, to make or vote on any motion, the budget, or run for any Executive position you must have a paid H&S Association membership. Memberships are valid from October 1st to September 30th each year and are not active until 20 days after payment.
Millwood Home & School Association general meetings are held on the last TUESDAY of the month, via zoom online)
starting at 7:00pm after the School Council meeting (if any)
TUESDAY September 27, 2022
October 25, 2022
November 29, 2022
December - No Meeting
January 31, 2023
February 28, 2023
March - No Meeting
April 25, 2023
May 30, 2023
June TBD, 2023 AGM - includes Elections and next year's Budget Approval.
Millwood Home and School General Meeting Agenda Tuesday, October 25, 2022 – 7:00pm (virtual)
1. Welcome and round-table introductions
• President - Memberships/OFHSA - New members welcome – last opportunity to purchase
• Principal’s Update on H&S Issues
• Treasurer / Financial Update - Bank balance & Items Outstanding
3. Unfinished Business
• Fun Fair Committee • Pizza Lunch
• Garden Program • Terry Fox Run
• Grandparents Tea
4. New Business
• Millwood JS Spirit Wear – PROPOSED MOTION: To amend this year’s budget to add a $4,000 line item for revenue & expenses to conduct a ‘tees for MJS kids’ initiative.
• Book Fair - November • Jungle Sports – December
• Xmas concerts - December
• Fun Fair – Sat. June 10, 2023
5. Other Business
Next Meeting: January 31, 2023 (No General Meeting in December). Thank you for attending!